Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pan Fried John Dory Fillet with Fresh Peach Sauce and Roasted Almond...


A very random dinner I whipped up one night... Super easy to make! 

I always want to keep to the 'philosophy' that we should have at least 1 fish dinner per week. And I've just got sick of always making steamed fish, or grilled fish, and my hubby one day made a random comment saying "Instead of doing a whole fish, can we have fish fillet without the bones? It just feels more meaty!" Being a guy, the diet is all about meat meat meat and more meat! Having fish is no exception, although it's not 'meat' as such, but at least he wants it to feel like meat once put in the mouth! 

During the summer time, peach was definitely in season. Personally I like white peaches because of it's subtle sweetness and fresh fragrant. But for the sake that it looks better with the fish, I thought adding a bit more colour would be better. So I picked yellow flesh peaches instead. 



Ingredients:
Serve 2
2x John Dory Fillet (or any white fish fillet you like)
1-2 yellow flesh peaches or nectarines
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 lemon juice
handful of toasted almond

1. Peel the peaches and cut them into 8 pieces. 
2. Put the peaches into a small pot, add sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for about 10 min or the peaches become soft to touch. Set aside
3. Heat up the pan, and add a little bit of olive oil. Pan fried the fish fillet with a sprinkle of sea salt for about 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned on medium heat.
4. Plate up the fish, and lay the peach pieces on top, drizzle with the syrup, sprinkle with the toasted almond. 

I just love toasted almond, it goes well with everything... fish, salad, roasted chicken etc etc. This combination of fish, peaches and almonds is just so wonderful that it has the sweetness of the peach, and the fragrant and crunch you get from the toasted almond. And this dish is just so easy to make is definitely a bonus! 

Just a little tip... A lot of recipes ask you to toast the almonds in the oven. But me, being lazy and want to save time, I always pan fry my almonds dry on a hot pan. It's MUCH quicker!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment