Monday, April 26, 2010

Dark Chocolate Rocky Road with Macadamia Nuts...

The other day I took a big bag of Aldi marshmallows from work!!! Initially I though "ummm... that's perfect for hot chocolate!!!" But after I sat down.... I realised "that's a VERY BIG bag of marshmallows to be used on hot chocolate, and that means alot of cups of hot chocolate!!!!"

Then I thought.... ROCKY ROAD!!!! I never really liked the rocky road you get from shops, purely because I don't like shredded coconut, and in general milk chocolate is used instead of the bitter sweet dark chocolate which I prefer! So this time, I've decided I'll make a coconut free dark chocolate rocky road! 

Ingredients:
350g 70% cocoa dark chocolate (or 80% if you want to go for the real bitter taste)
1 big bag of marshmallows (I actually like the Aldi marshmallows better than Pascall! It's more spongy!)
a good handful of raisin (optional)
a big handful of macadamia nuts (or peanuts if you like it better)

1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces, and melt over simmering water
2. Chop the marshmallows in halves.
3. Mix the marshmallows, raisin and nuts together in a baking tray (lined with baking paper). Lightly press down. 
4. Pour the melted chocolate on top. 
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. 

This is probably one of the easiest thing you can make without any skills!!!! This large tray of rocky road ended up sharing with both hubby's and my team of people at work!!! =)

Next time, to make it more adult like, I think I'll add in some Rum or Grand Marnier!!! Maybe I can add in some finely grated orange peel as well!!! That's the beauty of making your own food from scratch, you can add in whatever you want according to your own taste, and create your own unique flavour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment