Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pandan Chiffon Cake

Remember in the orange chiffon cake post that I mentioned about I'd make that cake again for the upcoming home fellowship?!?! OK.... I lied... I didn't, because the night before I've realised that I ran out of oranges at home! Which was very rare, because the only fruit that my hubby eats is oranges, so my fridge should be stocked up with oranges at all times! But I guess there are always exceptions! =P 

So instead of the orange chiffon cake, I made pandan chiffon cake instead. There is a bottle of pandan that I bought a couple of months ago, planned to make the pandan layered cake, which I never got around to do, so I thought now this bottle comes in handy. 

I don't bother putting the recipe in this post, cos it's exactly the same as the orange chiffon cake, but just omit the orange peels, and subsititute the orange juice with milk, plus add 1/4-1/2 tsp of pandan into the mixture. 

The cake turned out well, but I reckon not as good as the last. It didn't rise tall enough, maybe because I was in a rush in making the cake, and wasn't being too careful when adding the egg white into the mixture. But lucky that the cake was still fluffy!

Can you guys see what's wrong with this cake?!?! I did a boo boo, made the mistake of turning the cake upside down when I tried to separate the cake from the tin. Being a chiffon cake, the top of it usually is a bit sticky because of the moisture, so by tipping it upside down with the top landed on the plate first, meaning that I can't invert it back because the top is now stuck onto the plate! >.<

Lesson to learn: never rush in making a cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment