Monday, August 9, 2010

Udon in Miso Soup

Do you know that besides the individually wrapped udons you find on the long life shelves from Asian grocery stores, you can also find udon in the freezer section? I was first introduced to the frozen udon by my dad, and he told me that it's a must try, and taste so much different to the usual ones! After the first bite, I knew immediately why my dad said it's a must try! The texture taste really different to the usual vacuum packed ones, it is far more chewier which resembles the handmade udon! No wonder the price doubles the vacuum packed ones!

Dinner at home without hubby means simple noodle night - udon noodle with dumplings and tiger prawns in miso soup. Dumplings and frozen prawns in the freezer always come in handy when dining alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment