Sunday, August 1, 2010

Red Spoon Thai @ Gladesville


In the last 6 months I've realised that Gladesville has opened up quite a few new restaurants, I always say to my hubby, we've got to try this restaurant, we've got to try that restaurant.... and as usual, never got around to it somehow, although we drive pass it everyday!

Last friday, a few friends came over for dinner and I said to them... 'no catering from me this time, we're getting takeaway!' Of course there was no objection, because their purpose of coming over is not to eat, but to chat! It was also very rare for us to be free on a friday, cos usually we either have prayer meeting or home fellowship on friday, we only get 1 friday free per month! So we treasured this chit chat time with a group of friends, laying on the couch with a glass of wine in hand! Thanks Iva for bringing all the wines over!

Red Spoon Thai is one of the restaurants in the area which I wanted to try, can't remember how long it has been opened now, but every night I see there are heaps of people in there, so I thought the food must be pretty good! Friday night, I ordered home delivery over the phone (no extra charge for home delivery!), and the waitress said that it will be ready in 45 minutes, and she didn't lie, the food did arrive in 45 min!

Red Spoon Braised Pork Belly $14.90

Pork belly is one of their signature dishes, it has been slow cooked for a long time, the meat just melted in the mouth, no chewing was required! The sauce was sweet with a hint of cinnamon and star anise.... yummmm.... they even took into the consideration that the sauce might be all soaked up by the pork belly and become too sweet, so the sauce together with the cinnamon actually can in a separate container to the pork belly! How considerate!

Crispy Soft Shell Crab with Papaya Salad $9.90

I love soft shell crab and papaya salad! So when I saw this dish on the menu, I knew that it's a must order dish!! The soft shell crab came in a separate paper box to the salad. Although it didn't have the deep-fried crunch which I was expecting, probably due to the fact that it was a home delivery order. However, the dish was still quite nice overall, the sour taste and saltiness in the salad created the entire flavour of the dish was perfect. And with the amount of soft shell crab in the salad, I reckon it was pretty good value!

Assorted Vegetable Stir Fry $12.90

The tofu was actually deep-fried before stir frying with other vegetables, and the macadamia nuts added an extra crunch to the dish!

Gang Phed Ped Yang $23.90
Rich Red Curry of Roasted Duck with Lychee, Pineapple, Cherry Tomato and Vegetables

This is probably one of the best red duck curry I've had, the sauce was rich and creamy, and there were plenty of meaty duck pieces in the dish. The addition of lychee, and pineapple helped to balance out the spiciness of the curry. Perfect match with steamed rice!!! Again, they've put the curry and duck pieces in separate container, so the duck wouldn't be too soggy!!! I would definitely recommend this dish.

Chili Basil Noodle with Chicken $11.90

I love the thick rice noodles.... the flavour was well balanced out with the squeeze of lemon juice. The noodle was stir fried with large succulent chicken breast pieces which was done to perfection! Chili Basil Noodle is always my favourite Thai noodles!

I would definitely come back to Red Spoon Thai to try their other dishes! Home delivery is definitely a good option if you're too lazy to go out, it was free of charge (but you better check with their delivery area first!) and it was on time, the flavour was fantastic, very reasonable priced and the food was packed nicely in a eco bag!!!!! Bonus!


Red Spoon Thai
198 Victoria Rd,
Gladesville

No comments:

Post a Comment