Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boon @ Darlinghurst



If you have been following, I mentioned a while ago that my mum's birthday was coming up, and I got her some tea from Tea Too, and needed to think of some other things to go with it. Well... my parents are always very hard to buy presents for, especially my mum!! Cos she doesn't really want anything in particular, because she has got everything she needs basically. So buying present for my mum is always a hard task!

Anyway... I've read in other people's blog that there's a handmade chocolate shop in Darlinghurst called Boon, and it has received quite a few good comments, plus the pastry/chocolate chef is an Asian girl which made me particularly interested! Since it's just so close to my church, so I went there for a visit one Sunday afternoon!

I pushed opened the door and was immediately greeted by the guy standing behind the chocolate counter. I believe he's one of the co-founder of this place called Alex, I do vaguely remember his face from one of the articles! I browsed through the chocolate cupboard, and all of the chocolate were very attractive indeed. I didn't even bother reading all the descriptions on each of the tags, because I knew that I wanted them all! Since I couldn't decide what to get, so I've asked him to do me a random mixture of the 16 piece gift box!

The one chocolate that really caught my eye was 'Mira' which is a round dome of chocolate in vibrant red colour. Mira is a white chocolate ganache infused with Tasmanian mountain pepper berry and strawberry - sounds really interesting! I guess what makes Boon differ from some other common chocolate shop like Lindt or Guylian is Fanny Chan - the chef really likes to experiment, and infuse different/random flavours into the chocolate - eg. sesame, balsamic vinegar, lemongrass, anise etc etc....

Alex kept on asking me whether I was first time there, and as soon as I said 'yes', he was kind enough to offer me a piece of their pistachio flavoured chocolate. Personally I'm not a big fan of pistachio, but the subtle flavour together with the beautifully smooth dark chocolate was gorgeous!

I think when I get a chance I'll definitely go back for an afternoon tea since it has an upstair section which serves coffee, hot chocolate, petite fours, and of course chocolates!


Boon
251 Victoria Street,
Darlinghurst


No comments:

Post a Comment