Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coconut Red Bean Pudding (椰汁紅豆糕)


Well... I think I've cooked too much red bean while I was making the Red Bean Pudding (砵仔糕), so now I need to find something else to cook to use up the cooked red beans! =P

The first thing that came to my mind is the coconut red bean pudding! You might be thinking why the hell I want to make another red bean pudding!!!! Ha! This red bean pudding is totally different to the other one I previously made. It has a much soften texture, more pudding like and none of those chewiness! This is actually another of my mum's favourite!!! I guess she likes anything with red beans!

Ingredients:
150g corn flour
300ml coconut cream
300ml milk
600ml water
white sugar to taste
cooked red bean

1) Add corn flour into milk in a large pot and mix well. Then add in coconut cream, water and sugar and mix until smooth.
2) Heat up the mixture over low heat until thick, then add in the cooked red beans and stir well. pour in a oil sprayed tin, and wait for it to cool before refrigerate.

Just a little note that when you heat the mixture up, make sure it's over low heat otherwise it will bubble and splatter everywhere! Also make sure that the mixture becomes VERY thick before you turn off the heat otherwise it won't set, and you won't be able to cut it into squares so you will end up eating it like a thickened soup! I've made these 2 mistakes before so I know the tragedy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment