Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spaghetti Bolognese

Sometimes a really simple dish is all you need to make yourself feel satisfied. All those glorious fancy ingredients like squid link pasta, duck rivoli, porcini linguini.... are not the type of things that you would store in your cupboard, and sometimes I do wonder whether our taste buds actually likes the simple taste of $5 tomato better or the hundred dollar porcini better!


Last night I made the good old spaghetti bolognese - the cheap but tasty childhood dish! There is no special ingredients in there just the tomato, beef mince, spanish onion, garlic, tomato paste, tomoato sauce, tobasco sauce, and some sugar and mint. I tried to make it more adult like by adding some tobasco sauce in there... hahaha... which was nice, you can try adding chili in if you prefer, it will have a totally different taste! I also added some mint in for colour, and a fresher taste! Of course you can always substitute it with other herbs just as basil and oregano. It just happened that I’ve got some left over mint in the fridge that I need to use up!!! hahaha....


After the first bite, hubby’s eyes lightened up and said it was awesome!!! And I asked him... did I hear this right?? did you say awesome?? It has tomato in there - your ultimate enermy!!!! Yes hubby hates tomato, but through our 3 years of marriage, he is slowly accepting tomato into his occasional meal... but still he would pick it out if he can! But this time, hubby said the taste was really good, the flavour was just right!!!! And he polished it off in no time, including all the tomato bits!!!! After the big bowl of spaghetti, he asked for MORE!!!!


Hahaha... I think I have slowly transformed him into a tomato eater!!! ummm... my next aim is to add some berries into his life!!!! Then it will be perfect!


=P



No comments:

Post a Comment