Monday, December 13, 2010

Salmon Sashimi + Sea Urchin

Ummmm..... oh my gosh, I've neglected my blog for over two months!!!!! Very bad of me!!! Half of the reason was my laziness, and half of the reason was I've been away overseas and to several church camps. I'll try to catch up with all the posts, keep the finger crossed! =P

The place where I work at the moment is very close to the fish market, which means I can just pop down at lunch time and get all sorts of different fish for dinner! But I must say, this place doesn't smell all that great, very very fishy!!! Plus, since now fish market has become a 'tourist attraction', prices of the fish are not cheap at all!

One day I had a crave for sashimi, so I decided that I'd do a Jap dinner night!!! Lucky that I made this decision because I didn't leave work till late that night, and sashimi on sushi rice is just a quick fix for dinner!!!


Sushi rice is basically just normal medium grain or short grain cooked rice with a splash of japanese rice vinegar and a spoon of sugar! Easy!


Besides salmon sashimi, I also got some sea urchin as well - hubby loves that! And as I was queuing up at the sashimi bar, the glittering oysters caught my eyes!!!! ummmm.... ok, I'd get the oysters as well - I said to myself. I was gonna get the salmon roe also.... but I resisted... thinking that this normal week night dinner will get too expensive!!! hahah...




No comments:

Post a Comment