Monday, December 13, 2010

King Fish Sashimi with Truffle Oil + Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Pearl Couscous

Another special dinner night... haha.. but this was dated back in early Nov - one month ago!!!

When I was in Hong Kong a couple of months ago, a friend of mine took me to a Japanese restaurant in Causeway Bay. This restaurant is really a hidden gem!!!! It's one of those small restaurants that hides in a commercial building - as soon as you walk in, you feel as if you went into an authentic eatery in Tokyo, it's small and crowded, all furniture and furnishing are in that high gloss oak wood, and all waitstaffs are dressed in the blue and white japanese fisherman clothes.

One of the dishes we ordered that I felt in love immediately was the King Fish Tataki with Truffle oil!! And in this special occasion dinner, I've decided to try to mimic it!!! Of course it wasn't as good as the ones I had in the restaurant, but it wasn't bad!!! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment