Monday, December 13, 2010

Katoomba St Cafe @ Blue Mountain

We planned to go out of Sydney on our anniversary, just to get out of the city and for a change of scenery!!! We've decided to go for a bush walk and get close to the nature, breath some fresh crisp air and enjoy God's creation.

But before we do all these... we have to fill our stomach first!!! Haha!!!! We got to Katoomba town centre and just randomly walked into a cafe. As soon as we sat down, we knew that this is not right, the girl at the coffee machine just gave us a glance, without any greeting, she turned back to her coffee!!! OKAY.... we were finally given the menu and hubby decided to order the lamb burger with wedges as extra on the side, since I knew that I'll nibble on hubby's wedges, so I ordered something light.... 'Our famous scones with fresh cream and jam' as stated on the menu. And two coffees please...

ummm... after the first sip, I was puzzled... then I had a second sip.... my reaction was... this has to be the worst coffee ever!!! It was tasteless - tasted like diluted skim milk with a coffee colour!!!! Yuckkkkk... I pushed the coffee to the side and never had my third sip of that coffee!

The scones came together with the lamb burger, and both of them looked pretty decent. I quickly sneaked my finger onto my hubby's plate of wedges.... ummmm.... not bad, not bad... crunchy and golden on the outside and soft on the inside!!! Yummmm... The lamb burger itself was alright, nothing exciting about it - just a lamb burger.

Ok, back to my own plate of scones... I sliced the scone in half and smeared it with a thin layer of cream and jam.... took my first bite.... didn't really enjoy it, took another bite, and my feeling didn't change.... To me, scones should be dry and fluffy, cream and jam will help to give it the fresh moist taste. But this scone was very buttery and moist like a pound cake, and the cream was overloaded with sugar which made this scone overly sweet! This 'famous scones' definitely not what I called scones!!!!

Overall I'd score this cafe pretty badly, maybe a 4/10 for food - bad coffee, bad scones, Ok for the burger and the only thing that I'd give it an above average mark was the wedges. However, this is only my personal opinion!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment