Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Garfish @ Crows Nest

Because I've been pretty lazy with my blog lately, I suppose to have this post blogged a few weeks ago! Oppsss...

On a sunny saturday morning, we went out with a group of friends to Garfish for breakfast/brunch. It's such a beautiful day that we just couldn't just leave Mochi at home! (for those who don't know... Mochi is my white fluffy dog!)

We arrived at Garfish at 10am, and it is already filled with people. Lucky that we booked a table! As soon as we sat down at the table, the friendly staff quickly brought us the menu and water while we waited for our other friends to arrive. In no time, a bowl of water was delivered to Mochi as well! This cafe restaurant is definitely pet friendly!

Although the weather was so good, but somehow my stomach told me that I didn't really want a proper big breakfast, so I glanced through the menu and quickly found what I wanted! Raspberry and pear bread! When I looked further, I saw the category 'side'... ummm.... I think I should order the chorizo on the side! hahaha... a bit of a weird combination, but it worked for me!

Some people on the table ordered the egg benedict with smoked salmon, and they looked really good!!!! The creamy holladaise sauce sitting on top of the two poached egg with smoked salmon just looked perfect! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it. =P Although my raspberry and pear bread sounded a bit plain in comparison, but the praline butter that came with it helped to bring it alive! The crunchy praline was swirled through the butter, by spreading this on top of the lightly toasted raspberry and pear bread gave it an extra crunch when biting into it. Yummmm.... I'm glad that I ordered the chorizo on the side which helped to balance out the sweetness of the bread in my stomach! hahaha...


toasted raspberry & pear bread with praline butter $6.50


the garfish breakfast $18

The big breakfast I found was a bit disappointing, not only it lacked presentation, the eggs also lacked the flavour. Perhaps adding some salt would make it better, or even truffle salt which will definitely make it taste perfect! Lucky the sauteed mushroom helped it to gain a few brownie points. The mushroom was sweet and garlicky, definitely the best bit on the plate!

hot chocolate $3.80

One thing that I've got to mention is their hot chocolate! Wow.... I didn't expect the hot chocolate to come with a whole stick of chocolate! It slowly melted into the milk, and it was smooth and silky, surprisingly not too sweet! Beautiful!

The staffs here are friendly and efficient. In terms of food, they've got their good dishes and bad dishes, I guess it's just a try and error! I think I'll come back and try their lunch or dinner menu one day. =)

Garfish
6/20 Holtermann Street,
Crows Nest


No comments:

Post a Comment