Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apple & Pear Crumble

OK.... time to catch up with my posts. I probably have more than 10 posts waiting for me to upload!!!! Hopefully I can catch up in a week!

In one of the home fellowship night, I made a large apple and and pear crumble (but forgot to take photos of that!!!) but since I over-bought the apple and pear so I can do a small version of it! This is such quick and easy to make, so I don't really have a REAL recipe for it! But roughly...

Ingredients:

Serves 2

1 medium size apple (peeled, corded and diced)
1 medium size pear (peeled, corded and diced)
handful of oats
handful of sultanas
1 tsp cinnamon
20g butter (roughly)
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp plain flour

1. Mix the apple, pear and sultanas together and divide them into 2 souffle ramekins. Add a couple of teaspoon of water in each.
2. Rub the cold butter with the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together, so it's crumbly. Press lightly on top of the apple mixture.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for about 20min or golden brown. Serve with ice-cream.

Just a little note to be careful of is not to put too much water in the apple mixture, otherwise you will end up with a pool of water at the bottom of the ramekins! And after 10 min of baking, I've realised that the top is not browning at all, so I've switched only the top heat element on for the next 10 min for it to go brown. But I guess if you have a bit more patience than me, the top will go brown eventually anyway! =P


No comments:

Post a Comment