Friday, July 2, 2010

Sara Lee Sticky Date Pudding Ice-cream

Ice-cream is something I always have at home, no matter it's winter or summer, there's always at least one tub of ice-cream there for me!!

The ice-cream aisle in the supermarket is my favourite!!! I always keep an eye out on new flavours and new brands. In terms of vanilla flavour, I like Movenpick the best!!! It just has a very rich vanilla taste.... yummmm... but when talk about the 'everyday brand', I like Peter's which is very smooth and creamy!! Blue Ribbon I found it's toooo creamy, as if I'm eating cream instead of ice-cream. Oh well... this is only my personal taste, I do believe that everyone has different likings!

As usual, my hubby pushing the trolley following behind me so I can throw things in it =P... walking down the freezer aisle, and something caught my eye! Sara Lee Sticky Date Pudding ice-cream!!! Sounds nice! Opened the freezer door, reached for a tub, then threw it behind me into the trolley!

I love the butterscotch sauce that goes with the sticky date pudding! The sweetened burnt butter taste is just awesome, and I was hoping that this Sara Lee ice-cream has the same flavour!

Ding ding ding... dessert time!!!! One scoop, two scoops into the glass... hahah... love my ice-cream as dessert! After the first spoonful.... a bit disappointed!! The ice-cream wasn't creamy at all!! Second spoonful... more diappointment!!! It didn't have the burnt butter taste that I was after, but instead all I could taste was toffee! =(

The flavour and texture weren't anything like what I had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment