Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mini Sausage Bread

Last saturday, my dear hubby went to the e-camp organised by the student fellowship, and of course he took the car with him, so I was stuck at home!!! What can I do by myself at home?!?!... More baking! And I needed to do some baking that required quite a bit of time, so I can kill the day!

What takes a long time?!?!?! think think think... BREAD!!! Bread takes a long time, because it takes time to rise and knead and all that!

Ingredients:
50g bread flour
250ml water

Don sausage 1 pack (my favourite!), cut each sausage in half
350g bread flour
55g sugar
5g salt
1 large egg
7g milk powder
125ml milk
5-6g instant yeast
30g butter

1. Put 50g bread flour and 250ml of water in a pot, and cook over medium heat until thickens. Cool in a bowl, then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except for sausage and butter into the bread machine, in the order of milk, egg, flour mixture from 1, salt, sugar, milk powder, bread flour, yeast.
3. Set the bread machine to basic, and when the dough comes together add in butter.
4. Take the dough out after the first rise.
5. Sprinkle flour on work bench, and knead out the air bubble. Cut into 12 equal balls, and use glad wrap to cover, and rest for 15 min.

6. Roll each ball into a long tube, and roll it around a half sausage. Place onto a baking paper lined tray, cover with wet towel, and let it do the second rise - approx. 45-60 minute. They will double in size.
7. Brush the bread with beatened egg, and bake in a preheated over for 35 minutes at 180C.

I had some left over dough, so I made some sultanas and cinnamon bread as well!!!! Yummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment