Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wagyu Steak + Roasted Kipfler Potato with Rosemary



Recently hubby has been very stressed and working hard at work, so the celebrate the end of the week and to welcome our loooonnnngggg weekend (yes... we've taken a couple more days off just to chill out), I've decided to make him a nice dinner. Steak!!!! How can a man resist steak?!?!? And it's not just a normal steak, it's a wagyu steak!

Steak doesn't appear in my household very often, since I'm not a meaty meat person (but every now and then I don't mind it!) and therefore I don't have much skills or techniques in cooking THE perfect steak! =P

And I think because this is a wagyu steak and it has saved me from making a tough rock hard meat! Initially I wanted the steak to be medium rare or medium... but it turned out to be well done with no pinkness inside! Oopppsss... but I did know that I have to rest the steak for the muscle to relax, so that helped a bit!!!!

Although the steak turned out to be well done, but the meat was still very tender - not hard and tough at all!!!! Lucky me! And to accompany the steak, I made some horseradish cream and mustard butter... hahaha... how did this come about!?!? Well... initially it was suppose to be just the horseradish cream with garlic butter, but when I opened up the jar of horseradish cream, I only had a spoonful of it left in there, and after I mixed it up with the garlic butter, it really lacked that spice in the flavour and that tingle in the tongue, so I added some mustard in to fix it! haha... it worked!!!

On the side there, I made some roasted kipfler potato as well. I love kipfler potatoes!!! It has this sweetness in it that no other potatoes has. I chopped it up and added a bit of olive oil, sea salt, pepper and rosemary and roasted in the oven for 30 min at 200C. Yummmm....

Long weekend... here I come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment