Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cardammn Muffins & Blueberry Muffins


After making the cream brulee cheesecake, I had some left over sour cream!! So I flicked through my cookbooks and see what else I can make to finish off the carton of sour cream! The first book that I went to is the muffin book, thinking that I could make some muffins for lunch for both hubby and I. Yeah... both of us have been eating too much during the xmas/new year break, and a light lunch is necessary!!!

Ingredients
1.5 cup self raising flour
pinch salt
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
50g butter, melted
1/3 cup sour cream

1) Sift flour, salt and cardamom and stir in sugar.
2) Beat egg, melted butter and sour cream together, and pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3) Fill the muffin pan 3/4 full and bake at 200C for 15-20 min

When I made the muffins, I took out the cardamom from step 1, and when I finished step 2, I divided the batter into 2, and added cardamom into one and blueberries into the other! Haha... so I get 2 flavours from one batch of muffins!!! That's what I love about making muffins, most muffin recipes are so versatile, and you can just add and omit the flavours you like, and bake according to what you have in your pantry!!!

These muffins were awesome, it has the perfect crunchy top and a soft and moist center, which I believed was the magic of sour cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment