Thursday, June 2, 2011

Salmon in Puff Pastry


Time to clear some old food in the freezer!!! Packets of half used puff pastry and shortcrust pastry tends to get neglected in my freezer all the time! And once they get forgotten for a long time, they tend to go dry and start cracking! And this is exactly what’s happening to my puff pastry in my freezer! Oopsss.. But I guess they’re still good to eat, but just not in one piece!


One night I bought two pieces of salmon home, and all of a sudden I remembered the long forgotten puff pastry in the freezer, so I made use of the poor thing, and made them into something simple but fantastic! Simply season the salmon with salt and peeper and some lemon juice, then wrap it with the puff pastry. Then brush the top with some egg yolk wash, in they go into the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180C or until they turn golden!


Yummy... and full of omega-3! The good fish oil!


No comments:

Post a Comment