Thursday, May 12, 2011

Honey Glazed Duck Breast


In terms of meat, chicken probably dominates the most of my diet because it's such an easy meat to cook, and so versatile - bake, grill, pan-fried, stir-fry, roast, poach.... the method goes on! But I guess every now and then, we all need something random to spice up our lives! A while ago, a friend of mine gave me a little thick Marie Claire cookbook called 'Spicy' which has a lot of recipes in there that uses different kind of spices! And I found this honeyed duck breast recipe in there that is soooo easy to make and I couldn't resist not to make it!

Serves 4

Ingredients:
4x duck breasts
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tsp salt

1) Preheat oven to 200C. Score the skin of the duck breasts in a crisscross pattern and rub the five-spice powder into the skin along with the salt.
2) Drizzle honey over the duck breasts and roast for 15 min. Allow to rest for 1 minute covered with foil.

Two simple steps, how easy is that??? I served mine with some pearl couscous which I thought was a pretty good combination. You can always choose rice, mashed pumpkin or sweet potato would be nice too!!!

Dinner is ready in less than 30 min!!! How good is that???



No comments:

Post a Comment